Full Academic Year,
|Homepage:||Click to visit|
|Program Dates & Deadlines:||Click here to view|
|Restrictions:||Knox applicants only|
|Language of Instruction:||Arabic, English, French||Minimum GPA:||2.5|
|Housing Options:||Apartment, Host Family||Areas of Study:||Africana Studies, Anthropology and Sociology, Arabic, Business and Management, Economics, English, Gender and Women's Studies, History, Humanities, Integrated International Studies, International Relations, Journalism, Political Science, Religious Studies, Social Sciences|
Improve your Arabic and French language skills and boost your cultural knowledge while studying in the capital of this Mediterranean country. Your strong interest in Arabic and French languages, as well as Moroccan studies, culture, religion, business, and economics will be expanded with coursework, taught in English, by prestigious faculty from local and international universities at CIEE Rabat.
All courses are complemented with CIEE co-curricular activities and excursions beyond the city to enhance classroom learning and provide intercultural understanding.
GET TO KNOW
Moroccan culture by sharing tea with your host family and conversation with Moroccan peers.
your Arabic language skills, whether you’re beginning or experienced.
more of Morocco’s distinctive locations, like Asilah, Casablanca, Fez, Marrakesh, Ourika, Chefchaoune, and Tangers.
Excursions & Activities
- Put your coursework in context and practice new language skills with visits to markets, cultural sites, and music and theater performances.
- Explore Rabat’s ancient medina and Kasbah, and see other highlights like the ancient ruins of Challah, and the Andalusian Gardens.
- See how local schools and government agencies operate.
- Reward yourself with an amazing view for climbing the High Atlas Mountains.
- Visit an Amazigh village in Ourika.
- Work with artisans in Chefchaoune.
- Explore the UNESCO World Heritage site in coastal Essaouria.
- Take an overnight excursion to Fez and Marrakesh.
Service-Learning: Get to know the Rabat community by helping refugees, immigrants, women, or children. You might:
- work with sub-Saharan African migrants and refugees
- tutor English at the community center
- shadow a doctor at a children’s hospital
- promote human rights values through working with local NGOs
- promote democracy working with NGOs and the parliament
- work with an international local NGO focused on culture and art
- develop a great network of like-minded peers, mentors and professionals by working with youth empowerment communities in debate clubs at local universities
- obtain a better understanding of the local political scene by working with an NGO specialized on political research
- lead games or art projects with local students
- strengthen your journalism and media skills by working with local newspapers in English
Like any positive internship experience, volunteering or interning abroad will help you enhance your professional skills and improve your resume. Develop a greater awareness of the world and your place in it through our volunteering and internship program.
Internships: Positions with NGOs and private institutions can be arranged for students who are interested. Whatever setting you find yourself in after graduation, you’ll be grateful for the variety of hard and soft skills you gained while interning abroad.
- Advising before you depart to set goals and answer questions
- Optional on-site airport meet-and-greet
- Orientation – a three-day introduction to Moroccan culture, your academic program, and the city, plus practical information about living in your host city
- Full-time program leadership and support in your host city
- Cultural and/or Co-curricular Activities
- Excursions and/or Study Tours
- Insurance and other travel benefits, with CIEE iNext
- 24/7 emergency on-site support
1 out of 3 CIEE students receives a scholarship - get yours!
GAIN Travel Grants - up to $2,000 toward travel costs guaranteed to all Pell-elgible students.
Gilman Go Global Grants - $2,500/semester and $1,000/summer, guaranteed to all Gilman applications.
Merit-Based Scholarships - $2,500/semester and $750/summer, awarded to students deomonstrating high academic achievement.
Minority Serving Institutions (MIS) Grant - $2,000/semester and $500/summer, guaranteed to all students attending MSIs.
- 200+ study abroad programs in 40+ countries
- $8 million in scholarships offered each year
- 1 in 3 students receives a scholarship
- Study tours and cultural activities included
- Internships and volunteering opportunities
- Rigorous academics
- Cultural immersion
- iNext travel insurance included
Our highly experienced staff have extensive knowledge of all CIEE programs and services. If you are a student with questions about completing your application, or you want to sign up to receive program updates and news, our staff are happy to help.Contact Us
|Dates / Deadlines:|
|Term||Year||App Deadline||Decision Date||Start Date||End Date|